Google

Monday, July 30, 2007

Palm Treo, Monday

Stinky, aka Kevin, our security master at work, gave me a Palm Treo phone to test out. I was excited and skeptical as I haven't ever used one of these before. After reading the Four Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferris (HIGHLY RECOMMEND), I have tried to limit my email checking to twice a day. I wasn't sure how that fit into the idea of the handheld phone, but I was excited to try. Once upon a time (read before children spent all my money), I always had the best cell phone around. I was the resource to help others pick phones. I admit it. I have fallen from Cell Phone Expert status. This thing rocks! I no longer have to carry a note pad with me. I know...novel concept for someone who has been trying to get doctors to stop using paper for the last 11 years of her life. I feel so free!!!!! Tired of hearing 5, 6, 7, 8 at cheer practice? Log onto the phone, answer some email, send some IM messages, read histalk2.com...wow, this is HOT!

Mondays are always crazy, and today was no exception. Of course, we shared some jokes about Misys supposedly going Open Source as we read histalk. We are working on our Fall 2007 release as well as a Summer 2007 Maintenance release. Starting releases is kind of like starting the new school year. Everyone is excited but nobody knows who will be in your classes or what to expect. So far, everyone seems ok with their projects. Implementation is quickly adapting to our new processes. We love the batching concept from the Four Hour Work Week. We are constantly trying to find ways to apply this. So far, we have greatly increased our efficiency using the concept. Bond Technologies is the young, hip, new technology EHR/PM, and we love it! I can't believe how much we have grown.

By the way,
Amy - smoke free for One Month, Twenty Eight Days, 9 Hours and 16 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 20 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1401 cigs that would have cost me $238.79.

No comments:

Post a Comment