Google

Monday, March 8, 2010

National Champions! Go Wildcats!


































Room 220 Being Silly

Me ready for dinner!

When running
This is the bridge I ran across

This is while running the bridge. :)

We went to Washington DC over the weekend for the Florida Wilcats to compete in a cheer competition. Both the Juniors and the Seniors won first place for a National Championship! Way to go Wilcats! We had a fantastic time, and the girls really performed well. They rocked DC!

The girls stayed with chaperones, so the cheer moms got to spend some mom time out! Friday night, we went to the club at the Gaylord where we were staying. It was fun dancing and hanging wiht the moms. :)

Saturday morning, I got up and went for a run. I was so amazed that I had so much fun. I ran around the National Harbor, up the bridge at the Potomac River, over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, into Alexandria, down the main street of shops, and then I went back. It was an AMAZING 8 mile run. I absolutely LOVED it. What a great way to see a city. It was kind of cold across the bridge, but otherwise it was great. It was 35 degrees. Brr....

Courtney, Benjamin, and Andrew came to see Morgan perform. It was SO great to see them, and it was SO nice of them to come. Morgan was thrilled that they came. THANKS for coming!

Saturday afternoon in between performances, we went into DC to see the white house, the capital, and the washington monument/washington mall. At dinner, we went to Cashion's Eat Place. It was fantastic. I had crab and scallops that were to die for. We also had great wine and great company. Denise, Tobey, Cathey, Tom, and Rebecca were great company for a great meal.

Sunday, we watched the teams do amazing, and then Morgan and I shopped at the Peeps store and the Godiva store. Morgan was in heaven. :) We ate at the Italian buffet at the Gaylord. Morgan loved the pizza. I loved the salad (who am I?).

Monday, we got up a little early to tour around a bit in a stretch limo on the way to the airport. It was AWESOME! We got more pictures in front of many sites, and the girls had a blast in the limo.
All pictures can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment