Google

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Today, we started the day with the Firecracker 5000 race on Hilton Head. It is a 5k race that starts behind the Shelter Cove mall. It was a very nice course that went about .6 miles out with a turnaround and then about a mile out with a turnaround. Fun race. It was hot, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I have a Personal Record of 32:48! The official race time says 33:48, but I was a bit behind the official start.

We then saw the boat parade, and then went to Captain Woody's for lunch. I had a blackeded grouper sandwich. It was good, but I wouldn't rate it as great. i had also forgotten how much attitude the staff at Captain Woody's has. I could do without that knd of hostile treatment when I go to eat. :)

For dinner, we had pulled pork at Grams and Papa's. it was yum. Then, we had the best timing ever for the fireworks. Mike and I dropped a car at Shelter Cove early in the day, and then Grams dropped us at Shelter cove about 8:25. We got face paint, made sand art, had a drink, and then only had to wait 15 minutes for the fireworks to being (9:25). I love the fireworks. Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I am so thankful to live in such a fantastic country with such great freedom. Happy birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment