Google

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One Year of Blogging, Mike is on HIStalk

Happy Birthday to my blog. :) I can't believe it has been one whole year. I was thinking back to when I first starting writing on here, and I was laughing at how much I had to learn about blogging. Once I learned how to post pictures from my phone, I was all over it. :) Then, after getting my EEE pc, it is even easier to upload from there. I have added widgets, blog lists, polls, RSS feeds, etc. It has been a lot of fun. I have especially enjoyed the stop smoking counter that shows how many cigarettes I have not smoked and how much I have saved by not smoking them. I have really enjoyed it. :) Here's to another year of nonsense. :)

My mom has been here this week, so it has been great to have her here. I miss getting to hang and chat with her. Morgan is busy getting spoiled by her this week. :)

My loving husband is a guest writer on HIStalk today. I think he did a fantastic job of explaining some of the reasons that docs don't implement EMRs in the small practices. I especially love the "I have people for that" reason. We get a lot of that. Some doctors don't even try to use it but instead have scribes follow them around and input their information. They claim that they see more patients, have more accurate documentation, and can provide better care because they are not worrying about all of the documentation. I am not sure I agree with that, but I do love the name "I have people for that" and will use it now. Now, if we could just get Mike to spend some of those words on his own blog...:) hint, hint... :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday
    "http://amygleason.blogspot.com/" !!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete