Google

Sunday, March 1, 2009

HOME!

When I got to baggage claim, Mike was pulling around in the car. He sent Morgan and Michael in to help me with bags. I was SOOOOOOO happy to see them. We were only about an hour late, and it was fabulous to be in Tampa. After I got my bags, I walked outside. Did I move north? What happened to this sunny, warm city named Tampa? Geez... On the way home, I want some very boring food, so we get Subway sandwiches. Perfect. Yummy. Not spicy. Plain. Yummy. :)



It was so nice to be home. The cats were all lovey. The dog has grown a ton and is just as crazy as ever. I unpacked and got the gifts out for the kids and Mike. I think they liked the stuff. I told lots of stories, and they seemed to like hearing about Ganesh, the Indian god who is an elephant head and a human body.

The Taylor Swift concert was tonight, so we had to get ready to leave. I took the best shower I have ever had, and then we went to get Katie for the show. It was at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City. Gotta love it. When we get there, we find out that you ALSO have to pay for a ticket into the festival. NICE. We enjoy a little fair food (NOTHING that could have been found in Mexico or Malaysia!). Gotta love fair food. :)


The concert was great. Uncle Mike had asked if Morgan had her cell phone to hold in the air for the encore. I giggled because I hadn't heard that before. A cell phone? Seriously? No, Morgan doesn't have hers, so I promise to loan mine. Mike has this row of girls behind him belting out each and every word. He was too funny right in front of them and had hysterical facial expressions. There is also a little 5 or 6 year old girl singing every word. Morgan and Katie sang almost all of the words. Michael piped in for the ones he knew.



The girls behind Mike were wanting her to change outfits more, and that made me think of my dad taking me to see Elton John when I was in high school and wanted to know why people would want to hear Elton John! I don't know how my dad put up with me, but he took me anyway and we watched all of the outfit changes. She only wore jeans...
and a gold dress...
It was SO cold. We are having a grand ol time, and Taylor says to get our your cell phone and hold it in the air. That Uncle Mike is So with the times! I am mortified that cell phones have taken the place of lighters at concerts, but I tried to be brave.


We got tshirts for the kids on the way out. Ahhh...life is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment