Google

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wed in St. Louis

Today has been an interesting day. I was up rather late last night working and getting ready to go out of town. I am still not quite back on the right time zone. I would take something to help with sleep, but my body is still fighting this freaking cough and such and I don't want to mix that much stuff together. I am sure I will adjust soon.

So, I got an email today from the hotel in Kuala Lumpur. It was the Mandarin Oriental, and I have posted at how impressed I was with the service. I had finished a book while i was there, and I had meant to give it to Christy as she was interested. However, in my rush, I accidentally left it in the room. So, in my life, I have left a LOT of stuff in hotels. Usually, you have to call and beg them to look for it and even beg more if you actually want it BACK. So, imagine my surprise when I get an email from the housekeeper saying that they found my book and asking what I wanted them to do with it. Amazing.

I am in St. Louis today in my birth state of Missouri. We had a really good steak dinner tonight at the Stoney Creek Restuarant. They had these blue cheese chips that were out of this world. We also had some really good wine. :) Yummmmm....

The best part of dinner though was that we had meaningful conversation around things that I had wanted to talk about for a long time. It is amazing how talking through things can make you feel better even without anything changing. :) I told some old Nashville stories. LOVE Nashville. Miss it. need to go there soon.

Good night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment