Google

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday - Last Day Before School




Today, we slept late (YAH!!!), and then Mike, Chris, Michael, and I went riding bikes at Flatwoods trail. I was on my new Trek 1.2 WSD bike, and I loved it. I LOVED IT. I was nervous that it wasn't going to be that great, and I had pulled a quad muscle at Busch Gardens. However, it turned out to be great. I now can see why people like to ride. :) Last week, we did the same ride, but I was so tired at the end. I was wondering how in the world I would ever run after that ride. Today, I could see it. Thankfully, I have 8 more weeks to train, but at least I can see it now. Chris was on his mountain bike, and we went ahead while Mike and Michael were having trouble with Michael's bike. We stopped to wait, and Chris said he felt like puking. I so felt like that last week, and I was so happy to feel good this time. At times, my heart rate monitor was reading 110, and last week it was pegged at 170 the whole time. :)

After the ride, I did my couch to 5K week 6 day 2 (two ten min runs), and it was tough. I did it though. :)

Then, Morgan and I got our nails done in preparation for the first day of middle school. I cannot believe my baby is going into middle school. The first day is her birthday. Kind of sucks but kind of fun.

We went to dinner with Grams and Papa at Outback. We love the $9.99 steak dinners there (especially with the blue cheese wedge salad - YUM). After dinner, we lit candles on the cake and sang again to Morgan. Mike pulled out the homemade ice cream, and we had a treat. Then, I was stuffed so we went for a walk with Sophie. It was fun to walk with Mom and Dad. I am sad they are leaving tomorrow. It went much too quickly and we didn't get to see them very long. :(

Mom and Dad brought Morgan's cantaloupe from the seeds she planted in Nashville around Easter. I was shocked to see the cantaloupe. Amazing! We cut it open thinking it would be green and not ripe, but it was perfect. Morgan was thrilled to eat it. Grams cut up the rest and put them in the fridge. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday weekend! I can't believe that Morgan is going to be in middle school...time flies!

    ReplyDelete