Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sales Meeting and Trip to Texas

Monday was a day of meetings all day. I spent some time getting ready for my demo on Wed. We are in the beginning of a release, so it is pretty exciting. I love the beginning of the cycle. Julie came to town for a meeting, and I got to see her new laptop privacy/sunlight shield. She can sit on the deck and still see her screen. That's HOT

Tuesday, I participated in the sales meeting. It was so fun. The sales reps all did a demo of Clinician, and I got to critique them. It was fun to see the similarities and differences. They all did a great job, and I was actually very happy to see showing off the application. As the afternoon went on, I was watching the clock on the laptop I was using. I never even thought that it might be on a different time zone. OOPS...All of the sudden, I realized that I was almost an hour late leaving for the airport. Thankfully, traffic was minimal, and I got there with a few minute to spare. After landing in Houston, my flight to San Antonio was delayed. Of course. Figures. It is all Travis' fault. Whenever I travel with him, our flight is late. He was coming from Nebraska to Houston and then was on the same flight to San Antonio. We wait, and we wait, and we wait. I did get an Aunt Annies Pretzel though. I love those. The At Home kit is great too. Anyway, we get on the plane and we land about an hour later. As we wait at baggage claim, we hear the announcement that around 50 0f the bags didn't make the flight. UGHHHHH...of course, mine is one. Travis' bag actually made it, but mine didn't. The lady making the annoying announcement says that the bags will arrive in about 20 minutes. RIGGHHHHTT...sure they will. They said they could deliver them, but since I needed to be ready at 8:30 am and it was already 12:45, we waited. Of course, the bags don't come off until 1:45. Love it. NOT...

We get my bag and rush to find the Thrifty bus (never have used Thrifty until my last two trips). I think Thrifty is good for non-business travel, but I am pretty sure that other car rental companies are better for business travel. I vote for corporate accunts to get good rates. We get on the bus to take us far away to get the car. We wait, we wait, we wait, and we finally get in the car. My phone's navigator takes us to the hotel (thank God for Spring Navigator). We get into the hotel and I climb in bed at 4:30 EDT (3:30 Central but my body was definitely on Eastern). We meet in the lobby at 8:30. I was not exactly bright-eyed, but I survived the demo. It went well. We couldn't get a flight out that late in the afternoon, so we had to spend the night. Our flight was at 5:45 am. I got up at 3:30am after staying up addicted to the men's gymnastics. The American's didn't win nor did I get much sleep. Bummer.

The flight home was uneventful, and I rushed straight from the airport to the sales meeting to wrap it up. It was really great to spend some time with them, and I think it will help them and the company. It is hard to replace time spent dedicated to learning and sharing information.

That night, Morgan ended up spending the night with her friend Emily, so I went to meet the sales crew at Chli's. We had a great time, and then we went to Primetime to watch the women's olympics on the big screen. Poor phone was in my purse, and he had previously said he didn't want to come to Chili's. I guess he changed his mind, but I didn't hear my phone any of times it rang. He finally just drove down there. He was in fun Mike mode, so he was telling lots of stories. :) Too bad Shawn Johnson didn't win. I was pulling for her. I am happy that an American won th0ugh. Lukin was having an amazing night. USA, USA, USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment