Google

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Fun



Mike's new saying is that we put the FUN in dysfunctional. I think it fits our family pretty well. :) We had a good weekend. Morgan's friend Emily turned 10 on Friday, and we went to dinner at Olive Garden and then we went bowling to celebrate. I hadn't been real bowling in a while. I bowled a 101. Hee Hee. Emily spent the night Friday night, and we didn't get home until after midnight.

We got up early on Saturday and went on the boat. Of course, as we pull into the marina, Mike's ex-wife calls and asks if we can get the boys because she is taking Katie to a concert. We went on the boat for a while, and we had a good time. There were some thunderstorms in the area (pockets) and the girls were a little nervous even though they are a long way away. It turned into bright blue sky though, and we had fun.
We did see all of these birds swarming around someting. We tried to see what they were swarming, but the water was pretty shallow. It was kind of creepy. They were just hovering and circling and diving down. I was going to make some analogies, but I might get into trouble. :)
We left the marina and went to get the kids. We weren't sure about the weather, so we talked about movies, bowling, skating, and busch gardens. We finally decided on Busch Gardens. We arrived at 5 pm. I knew that we had litle chance of doing much on a Saturday the weekend before school starts. So, we bought the new Quick Queue pass. Let me just say that Quick queue+ Platinum Pass = Busch Gardens Nirvana. We did the following in less than 4 hours.

2 times on Montu
Rhino Rally
Phoenix (boys rode)
2 times on Kumba
Congo River Rapids
Log Flume
Tidal wave (girls rode twice)
Three times on Shiekra

That is pretty amazing in a little under 4 hours. I love the Quick Queue (well except when others have it and I don't). We got home late again, and we had fun playing in the car. I really like the song "I kissed a girl" as I like the tune (it is catchy) and I think it has funny lyrics. Mike is not so keen on it. We had a blast singing in the car, and Chris and Michael were dancing in sync in the back. Mike went in to get pizza hut on the way home (no time to eat when on ride mania). The kids were making the van bounce with their dancing. I was cracking up. What a great day!

Sunday, we got ready for school. Morgan is excited even though she acts like she isn't. She got new shoes today, and I am shocked that she won't be wearing the crocs tomorrow. We are keeping an eye on tropical storm Fay, but she is still by Cuba so we don't know how the projected path will change or how strong she will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment