Google

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

I have had a whirlwind of a few weeks. With work travel taking me to Delaware and Atanta twice and cheer taking me to Atlanta once, it has been quite crazy. It is also official that I only have 2 more years before hitting the big 4-0. I celebrated my birthday in Atlanta during the cheer competition.

Morgan scared me to death during her routine, and she had a mid-air collision on the floor while tumbling. It really freaked me out. Thankfully, Morgan finished the routine (even through a tuck after) and was ok (some tears during the second half of the routine but she made it). I was concerned about her wrist, but thankfully, it was ok. We had a great birthday dinner at McCormick and Schmick's, and I even had a chocolate-strawberry mouse thing for dessert. YUM. I got up early and ran 4 miles on my birthday mornig, so I earned that dessert!

I have made such positive changes in my life over the last 6 months, and I feel like I am so much more in control and setting a better example for my kids. I have lost 57 lbs and have gone from not being able to run for 60 seconds to doing 5 miles this morning. I have completed a sprint triathlon, and I am training for a half marathon. Who is this person? I am not sure where she came from, but I certainly am loving it. Today, on Thanksgiving, I am very thankful for all of my family, my friends, my job and co-workers, for the support of Biko and Chris, and for the Wesley Chapel Tri Team. What a great few months! Hopefully, this time next year, I will be blogging on Thanksgiving about even more things that I am thankful for as I hope to keep setting new goals and to keep meeting them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment