Google

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Day 17

Today, I am thankful for medicine. As much as I have been frustrated by the SLOW process of healthcare (blog coming soon), I had an incredibly fancy test today to measure how my kidneys are working. It was completely fascinating to understand how they were measuring the input and output. We have some amazingly smart people in this world. Also, I was humbled today by the person administering the test who has survived ovarian cancer, had a kidney stone that was 4cm (fist sized), and who is having open heart surgery now. She was such a positive caring sprit, and I am thankful for her.

Also, I am thankful to have met Dan Hutchens. He died very young last night, and he will be missed. I don't understand how that happens to such a young guy, but my thoughts and prayers are with his family tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment