Google

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Allisys or Myscripts

Crazy. Unbelievable. What an interesting news story.

Misys apparently paid Allscripts to take over the operation of the healthcare piece. Misys owns 54,5% of the new company, but Allscripts management will lead it. Misys has more board seats by 2 than Allscripts. Tullman is the CEO, and Lawrie is chairman of board.

I am not so surprised that they merged as the rumors had been around, but I haven't quite figured out how it makes sense. Even though I think Misys greatly overstates its number of physicians, even so, the combined wil have a lot of users. However, I wonder how many of them will now be in play? What product(s) will the combined company sell? It seems to be a bit much to combine all of that together, and time will tell how they do. I do think it is smart that they will be Allscripts after the transition. Allscripts has a better story to tell in the market. Seems like there is a large overlap in resources - at least in some departments?

One thing is for sure. The market is consolidating, and that is good for the market. I would imagine more will continue.

I forgot to post a picture from a week ago or so. I was in Pizza Hut, and I noticed the pizza box said "Pizza Hut My Way" and I cracked up laughing. I have been saying that Misys MyWay sounded like Burger King, but I guess it is more like Pizza Hut...

No comments:

Post a Comment