Google

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Farewell Bugsy (May 91 - Dec 09)

Bugsy was our beloved cat for 18.5 years. I got him in college, so he has been through college life, 1st marriage, baby, divorce, marriage #2, step-kids, 2 more cats, a dog, and various fish, guinea pigs, and hamsters. He even ate the butterflies when Morgan had them grow from caterpillars.

When he was a kitten, he amazed everyone in college with his fetching abilities. He would fetch diet coke caps. He LOVED to "dance" in your hair with his paws. He was a good lap kitty, and he always seemed to know when there was something wrong. I am very thankful for his companionship through all the years, and I am hoping tonight that there really is a kitty heaven. I miss him already.

He used to be a hoss of a cat. He weight 18 lbs at one point, and my parents had a painter who said he was a bob cat. :) Today at the vet he weighed only 8 lbs. :( He was really suffering, and I just couldn't let him suffer like that. We decided to have him put to sleep as he couldn't eat and was very dehydrated. We got to hold him and say goodbye. Morgan went with me and was a trooper. It is so hard to lose a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment