Google

Friday, December 17, 2010

Atlanta to Tampa to Jacksonville

My meeting was over today, and I flew to Tampa. My knee is still bothering me (or paining as Chris and I joke about), and I am getting more and more depressed about this race. I am wondering if I can even do the half. I do get a first class seat on the way home. Whew...

I drove home after picking up my latest pain relief medicine from the ortho (a gel to put on the knee and the lidocaine patches). I also got gas.  I quickly ran through the house like a crazy woman, and I filled up a lot of containers with rock tape (kinesio tape), rock sauce (kind of like icy hot), icy hot, biofreeze, voltaren gel, flector patches, lidocaine patches, 6 new knee braces, ziploc bags, heating pads, ice packs, advil, and some other stuff I am not remembering. :) Man, it is expensive to have knee pain before a race! We also have the beautiful Cure JM shirts that say Morgan's Team on them and that have our incredible sponsors - Wesley Chapel Tri Team, Elite Sports Massage, Lifetime Family & Urgent Care, Stacey Handman - Remax, LifeDash, and Allscripts. THANK YOU for providing the shirts for us to run in to raise awareness and to raise money for Cure JM!!!

We also have a pink heart with the names of the Cure JM kids we have met virutally or in person. All of these kids have been very inspirational for me and my team. Morgan designed the shirts and she picked green because she had a dream where she was well and everyone was wearing green shirts. She originally wanted pink shirts, then blue, be settled for green because of the dream.

Mike, Morgan, and I headed to get Rachel (Morgan’s friend) and we headed north on 75. We had an uneventful drive except for almost hitting a deer on the back roads. We got to the hotel that evening, and we just checked in, unpacked, and ate at the hotel (Omaha Steaks). We then went in the hot tub and pool. It was really fun.

Today, we crossed the $8000 mark for fundraising!!  i AM SOOOOO THANKFUL FOR EVERYONE WHO WAS KIND AND GENEROUS TO DONATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment