Google

Saturday, June 28, 2008

In Hilton Head

We drove over to Hilton Head last night. Of course, I was the first one ready, and Mark and Mike were the last ones ready to go. :) As an annual tradition, it rained on the drive. Mark and i found a great 80's radio station, and we sang and had a good time. Of course, we had to have applebottom jeans play twice. :) We had the walkie talkies that we laughed and joked on. When we stopped for food at Arby's, Mike said that we had to take katie or Michael in my car because they were about to kil each other or drive him crazy. Michael chose to ride in the cool minivan. He said he didn't know the songs we were singing which made me feel old. SOngs like Jack and Diane, it's the end of the world as we know it, cecelia, ramblin man, etc.

It took about 6 and a half hours, and that was including the accident that had the interstate closed. We exited and Mike didn't tell me he knew where we were. I was so nervous as I had no idea. We arrived around 11:30, and Grams, Morgan, and Papa were all awake waiting for us. :) The condo is just as beautiful as it was last year. Hilton Head always feels a little like home when I pull onto it. It is hard to believe that it has been 4 years since Mike and I got married here. Seems like yesterday at some times and much longer than 4 years at others. The kids seem soooo much older than they did then. Way more than 4 years worth.

I am looking forward to a relaxing week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment