Google

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

HOME!

Today, the doctor came around 8 and said I was good to go home.

Discharge meds

  1. Percocet 7.5mg/325
  2. Colace stool softener
  3. Zofran
Diet
  1. Start on soft diet
  2. Low fiber
  3. Work up to harder to digest things like steak or high fiber food over the next 8 weeks
Activity
  1. Walk as tolerated
  2. No lifting anything over 5 - 10 lbs
  3. Rest, Rest, Rest
  4. Return to work in 6-8 weeks
  5. Can shower now
  6. Can go in the pool two weeks after surgery (like to cool off and sit in the pool)
Incision
  1. Keep it clean and dry
  2. Call if it gets red to the touch or has pussy discharge
  3. Some slight moisture is ok
It was great to get home. Sophie was happy to see me. I missed her so. :) I had a pretty good first day home and walked in the cup-de-sac a little outside. I did still have to take my 2 pain pills every 4-5 hours though and the pain was pretty intense at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment