Google

Wednesday, June 3, 2009


I went to Quebec for a work meeting this week (a FANTASTIC meeting), and I was interested in seeing Quebec as I had never been to Canada.

My flight took me to Newark first, and then I was on a small plane from Newark to Quebec. We had to sit on the ground for about an hour in Newark before we could get in line for take off. Other than that, it was a pretty good trip. Our plane getting into Quebec had less than 10 people on it, so we had a lot of room to spread out. This also made Customs a snap as there weren't any lines.

My bag was the FIRST one out. WOW! The customs man spoke to me in French, and I was looking at him like an American who doesn't speak French. Thankfully, after I said Bonsoir, he spoke in English. When I walked out, there was a very nice cab driver waiting. He took my suitcase, and I was happy to be on my way!

We stayed at the Le Chateau Frontenac hotel, and it was very nice. It looks like a castle, and is a very cool old building. I got to my room, and I noticed that the bed was made for short people. :) I was cracking up as it was a good length for me. It is not as wide as the beds at hotels I usually stay in, but the beds were nice and comfy.

I loved the fitness area as it had a wonderful lap pool, weight equipment, treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals. It was a nice facility. Wednesday night, we went to eat at a recommended restaurant (one of the people had posted on Facebook that she was in Quebec and had a friend post a recommendation). However, it couldn't seat us for over an hour, so we went across the street to the Le Cochon Dinque (the crazy or silly pig). The manager/owner/person in charge was fantastic. She worked to get us a table where we could sit together, and she made recommendations of the menu. I had steak, but we had some ribs as an appetizer that were fantastic. My steak was also good (filet with blue cheese). Most people enjoyed their meal, but I think some thought the food was just good - not necessarily great. However, the atmosphere and staff were fun and had us all happy, fed, and entertained.

View of the street on the way to dinner
View of the water


The view out of my room




The friendly bartender



The view down the vernicular

The little person bed in my room









No comments:

Post a Comment