Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday in Cancun

Lazy day. This has been the most lazy day so far. We relaxed in the condo this morning, and then we went to breakfast. After breakfast, we have hung out in the condo listening to the Obama mortgage plan and wondering if it will be good or bad. It all seems pretty scary to me. He keeps saying that there are rules to make it fair, but it doesn’t really seem fair at all to me. Emily’s mom was calling at noon, so we just hung out in the room. The girls decided to play with pipe cleaners in the room (Grams brought them – woo hoo Grams!) until bracelet making and sand art start at 2 and 3 at the Kids Center.

Grams and I went with the girls to make bracelets and to finish their sand art. We ended up being there for 2 and a half hours. They had a good time, and I had fun talking to Grams. It is nice to see Grams so relaxed.

After the art extravaganza, we went back to the room and got ready for our journey to the La Isla Mall. We took the bus to the mall. Grams had counted out the 6 1/2 pesos each that it would take to ride, and we all had our coins in hand. The bus was packed, so we had to stand. This very nice man gave up his seat for Emily and Morgan (they shared it). I think the girls were surprised by how fast the bus starts and stops.

We walked through the mall, and it was really nice. It is an outdoor mall that seemed to have a variety of things. The girls found this blue shirt (well, it is really a dress for a smaller child but they decided it was the perfect shirt). Grams and I talk them into waiting to get it, so we go looking some more. They don't see anything else, and we decide to go eat at Chilis. We know the girls like it there. Papa and I had fajitas, and Mike wanted fajitas but got some shimp and chicken that wasn't fajitas. Emily had....wait for it, wait for it....cheese pizza! Morgan had a hamburger. Grams had a mushroom burger. We had margaritas, and the girls had chocolate milk. It wasn't chocolatey enough, so they asked for more chocolate. I wanted to ask for more tequilla at that point, but I was brave. :) The food was good, and the girls split a chocolate lava cake.

After dinner, they went back and bought the shirt/dress, and they saw a headband thing that matched it and got those too. Then, they saw earrings. This lady had given Mike a coupon, and he had an extra one that he gave to the girls. They each bought earrings. They were so happy with their purchases. They kept the mexican Chili's kids menu, the bus tickets, and their purchases to take back from Mexico. :)

We rode the bus back, but we got to sit down this time. It was rather funny when we got off because Grams was nervous and kept telling everyone to only cross halfway across the street. Poor Grams was looking out for us, but then we had to tease her and ask every two minutes if we could keep walking. :)

It was a fun, relaxing day. I cannot believe it is already WEDNESDAY NIGHT! Man...too fast...but awesome times we have had so far.

Here are the pictures from today

No comments:

Post a Comment