Google

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Long Flight Home

I get up at 6:30, finish packing, and get ready to fly. I can barely shut my suitcase because I have gotten all kinds of useless stuff for the kids. I FINALLy get it to zip and do a silent prayer that it will hold and not break open on the plane.

I eat breakfast with Travis and get a cab to the airport. I had a much friendlier cab driver on this trip than the trip out. The first guy was evil. The second guy was nice. I get there with plenty of time, and then I get on the plane. I am in the middle seat. LOVELY. It wasn't too bad as I had nice people next to me.

I have a 2 hour layover again in Houston. We board the plane, and I am on an aise. We wait for a bit, and the pilot says that maintenance has to happen on the breaks. We finally pull out (no air while they fixed it), and we start to cool off. All of the sudden, the sky falls and we get a STORM. Nothing like being on the plane waiting in the middle of a storm. Thankfully, we were on the plane or we probably would have been even more delayed. After already being on the plane almost 2 hours, we finally take off. I was SO happy to land in Tampa and to go get Morgan. Home sweet home.

I did make it home to watch the 2nd half of the Rays game. BOO...poor Rays lost by 1.

By the way, check out my friend Steve's blog here. He is now an Assistant District Attorney! Congrats Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment