Google

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Visitors to the office, Trip to Nashville

I had appointments in the office today, so I had to get all of my stuff to the office with me and be ready to go. I had a fantastic meeting with a partner, and I learned all about their new content. FUN stuff....

We ate at Pei Wei for lunch. Gotta love Pei Wei. It is a mini-PF Changs but fast and cheaper with the same food. How can you not like that???

As I am getting ready to go to the airport, I got a call from Morgan saying, "I DID IT, I DID IT." She finally got her full back. Of course, this means that Mike and I have to go by the gym to see it. :) It was beautiful. The first one she did wasn't so great. She got upset. She came over to us, and I said, "Morgan, I am so proud of you. It doesn't matter that you didn't hit that one...it matters that you tried." Her coach had the 6 girls who could do a full get up while the rest sat down. I pointed that out to her and gave her a hug. Mike, being a male, says "Try harder." I cracked up. Such a typical male vs female discussion. She did it beautifully the next time though, so we got to see. :)

We went to the airport and somehow ended up drinking margaritas. How did that happen? We started watching the Rays game. They were ahead 5 - 0 as we boarded the plane. We were all happy. We landed, got the rental car, and headed to my parents house. I check the score and it is 7-7 in the 8th...WHOAAAA....what happene???? We go straight to a bar. We get there just in time to see them lose. :( It's ok Rays.....you can do it!

We got to my parents house, and I looked at some old memories. I found two letters from my parents when I was in high school. I was at a church retreat, and the letters made me cry back then. They made me really cry now. They were wonderful letters where they talked about how I had really grown up, and they talked about how proud they were of me. I have the best parents in the whole entire world. The only part that made me cringe was the part that said they were proud I had committed to a life of no alcohol or drugs.....Hmmmm I guess I shouldn't have had those margaritas. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment