Google

Thursday, November 15, 2007

First ASP Days

What a day, week, month it has been. I am so thankful that tomorrow is Friday. It is also running/walking day, so I will let you know how my last week 4 run goes. :)

I saw some press today on Misys MyWay (that name still sounds more like a Burger King Hamburger than an EMR but that is just my opinion). They put out a press release to say that they have resellers and at least one client. Funniest quote: Misys has been at the forefront of developing cutting-edge solutions for physicians,” said Vik Agrawal of etransmedia technology, Inc. “Becoming a channel partner for Misys was an easy decision.

The article made me think of my first days at Bond. It was a pretty big adjustment for me going from client server to ASP/web-based software. Some of the adjustment was navigation and GUI related and some of it was just based on the ease of using one page in the EMR and also in a kiosk and portal and whevever else. Very cool. I also remember discovering some of the challenges with ASP and having all of us look at each other and say....hmm...Of course, we figured out ways to deal with them, but some of them were pretty funny (ok, maybe not then but they are now). :)

1 comment:

  1. I promise...they are ALL funnier looking back now compared to 2.5/3 years ago...

    ReplyDelete